The summer is upon us and teachers are busy relaxing… nope, teachers are busy preparing for a successful school year. This busyness is translating into going overboard in their preparation- especially due to Pinterest/Instagram photos of classroom set ups and inner workings in other classrooms around the world. Tune in to hear how to deal with the pressure of keeping up and making decisions that solely have an impact on student achievement.
- “I feel badly for new teachers coming into this career thinking that everybody needs to do this.” – Original Poster
- “Just because you have a pretty room doesn’t mean kids are learning.” – Laura
- “My kids need me and to know I care about them.” – Caitlin
- “I am anti teachers feeling inadequate because of the cute posts and perfect pics and causing themselves sleepless nights and empty pockets trying to keep up.” – Celeste
- ‘We somehow begin to feel inadequate if our room isn’t picture perfect.” – Dawn
- “Everything within reason is my life motto.” – Gretchen
Connect with Gretchen
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Blog: Always A Lesson
- Facebook: Always A Lesson
- Twitter: @gschultek
- Instagram: Always.A.Lesson
- Linkedin: Gretchen Schultek Bridgers
- Google+: Gretchen Schultek Bridgers
- Book: Elementary EDUC 101: What They Didn’t Teach You in College
Leave a Rating and Review:
This helps my show remain active in order to continue to help other educators remain empowered in a career that has a long lasting effect on our future.
Search for my show in iTunes or Stitcher.
Click on ‘Ratings and Reviews.’
Under ‘Customer Reviews,’ click on “Write a Review.”
Sign in with your iTunes or Stitcher log-in info
Leave a Rating: Tap the greyed out stars (5 being the best)
Leave a Review: Type in a Title and Description of your thoughts on my podcast