Instead of shielding our kiddos from the harsh realities of the world outside of the classroom, we need to teach them how to understand adversity and respond with compassion and respect. We must create opportunities for children to expect differing opinions and respond appropriately so that when they interact in society they are operating in the utmost civilized manner. Tune in to hear how to teach tolerance to our youngest generations.
- Just because someone has a different opinion doesn’t mean you disown them or demoralize them
- Our education system has failed its citizens
- Since when did we hate being a melting pot?
- Harboring negative feelings is counterproductive and harmful to the mental and emotional state of our nation’s children
- Spread kindness. Teach tolerance. Expect better.
Connect with Gretchen
- Email: email@example.com
- Blog: Always A Lesson
- Facebook: Always A Lesson
- Twitter: @gschultek
- Linkedin: Gretchen Schultek Bridgers
- Google+: Gretchen Schultek Bridgers
- Book: Elementary EDUC 101: What They Didn’t Teach You in College
Leave a Rating and Review
This helps my show remain active in order to continue to help other educators remain empowered in a career that has a long lasting effect on our future.
- Search for my show in iTunes or Stitcher.
- Click on ‘Ratings and Reviews.’
- Under ‘Customer Reviews,’ click on “Write a Review.”
- Sign in with your iTunes or Stitcher log-in info
- Leave a Rating: Tap the greyed out stars (5 being the best)
- Leave a Review: Type in a Title and Description of your thoughts on my podcast
- Click ‘Send’