Homework (The “H” Word) has become a hot button topic lately as teachers are deciding to eliminate homework altogether in their classrooms. This episode hears from various educators and parents on their opinions on the hassle of homework as well as shares the detrimental effects of taking such drastic measures. Listen in to hear the debate and formulate your own opinion on what is best for a child’s development physically and mentally.
- Balance is important and necessary
- Achievement could drop without prioritized practice
- Can’t jump extreme to extreme- that’s how trends come and go
- Don’t just jump on a bandwagon of convenience
- Prioritize and differentiate
Connect with Gretchen
- Email: email@example.com
- Blog: Always A Lesson
- Facebook: Always A Lesson
- Twitter: @gschultek
- Linkedin: Gretchen Schultek Bridgers
- Google+: Gretchen Schultek Bridgers
- Book: Elementary EDUC 101: What They Didn’t Teach You in College
Leave a Rating and Review
This helps my show remain active in order to continue to help other educators remain empowered in a career that has a long lasting effect on our future.
- Search for my show in iTunes or Stitcher.
- Click on ‘Ratings and Reviews.’
- Under ‘Customer Reviews,’ click on “Write a Review.”
- Sign in with your iTunes or Stitcher log-in info
- Leave a Rating: Tap the greyed out stars (5 being the best)
- Leave a Review: Type in a Title and Description of your thoughts on my podcast
- Click ‘Send’