Mandy has a degree in Education. She has spent seventeen years in the classroom, grades Kindergarten through 3rd grade. She recently transitioned out of the classroom into an Instructional Coaching position and has a passion for literacy, a love for learning, and a fascination with public speaking. She also has become a Teacher Consultant with the Central Texas Writing Project where she also serves on the Leadership Board. Her belief statement relates to relationships, humor, authenticity, and love. She’s a very connected educator through Twitter, Voxer, and Google.
- Coaches are in a weird purgatory- where’s my identity?
- With teaching, the stakes are always high
- Listen, Listen, Listen
- It’s not about me. It’s about what is best for kids.
- What can my impact be?
- Even tasteful leopard can be executed professionally
- Equal parts accountability and follow up
- Find your people/tribe/PLN…we all want to connect with somebody
- Take your passion and make it happen
- The space between….
Mandy’s Stamp of Approval
- Better Conversations – Jim Knight (@JimKnight99 on Twitter)
- Focus on Teaching– Jim Knight
- The Art of Coaching – Elena Aguilar
- Crucial Conversations– Patterson and Grenny
- Fierce Conversations– Susan Scott
- How the Way we Talk can Change the Way we Work– Kegan and Lahey
- Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World that Can’t Stop Talking– Susan Cain
- Your Instructional Coach – Eric Sandberg, Instructional Coach
- Buzzing with Ms B– Chrissy B, Literacy Coach
- Ms. Houser– Kristin Houser, Instructional Coach (suggested by Gretchen)
- Passion Planner by Angelia Trinidad
Connect with Mandy
- Blog: Taylor-Made Teaching
- Facebook: TaylorMadeTeaching
- Twitter: @mandymtaylor
- Instagram: taylormadeteaching
- YouTube: Mandy Taylor
- TpT: Taylor-made-Teaching
Join elite educators everywhere in snagging tips, tricks and freebies right to your inbox every month!
Become #empowered with the Always A Lesson newsletter: https://alwaysalesson.leadpages.co/newslettersignup/
Connect with Gretchen
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Blog: Always A Lesson
- Facebook: Always A Lesson
- Twitter: @gschultek
- Linkedin: Gretchen Schultek Bridgers
- Google+: Gretchen Schultek Bridgers
- Book: Elementary EDUC 101: What They Didn’t Teach You in College
Leave a Rating and Review
This helps my show remain active in order to continue to help other educators remain empowered in a career that has a long lasting effect on our future.
Click on ‘Ratings and Reviews.’
Under ‘Customer Reviews,’ click on “Write a Review.”
Sign in with your iTunes or Stitcher log-in info
Leave a Rating: Tap the greyed out stars (5 being the best)
Leave a Review: Type in a Title and Description of your thoughts on my podcast