Gretchen is a general education teacher of 7 years. She has taught grades 2, 3 (currently), and 5 at both low and high performing elementary schools in Charlotte, North Carolina. In 2006, she received her Bachelor’s degree at Marist College in Poughkeepsie, New York. In 2010, she received her Master’s degree in Curriculum and Supervision from the University of North Carolina at Charlotte. In the fall of 2012, Gretchen received her National Board Certification as a Early Childhood Generalist. She is passionate about educating students in a fun, safe environment by incorporating technology that sharpen students’ 21st skills. Gretchen has recently entered the blogging world and looks forward to connecting with other like-minded professionals.
**FUN FACT**: In German translation, Gretchen’s last name “Schultek” means ‘Teacher.’ It must have been fate that she is an educator today!
- Nominated for Teacher of the Year 2013
- Cooperating teacher (semester long) for an undergraduate and graduate student
- Cooperating teacher (clinical) for three graduate students
- Mentor for first year teacher
- District presenter for Parent University
- Instructor, Selector, and Coach for TEACH Charlotte
- Presenter to school staff on district professional development topics
- Participant in Measures of Effective Teaching National Research Project
- 2011 Teaching Fellow for the Charlotte Institute
- Served as grade level chairperson (2008-2009)
- Currently writing two books, one for beginning teachers and the other for children