Effective leaders balance being in control and being a friend to those they lead. Teachers can struggle with managing their classrooms and helping students reach academic success. Tune in to learn how effective teachers lead from the side so that they can build relationships that last with their kids but also maintain order in the classroom.
- We gotta learn our own version of leading from the side
- Relationships are everything in education
- You can always tone things down but its almost impossible to stiffen up down the road
- Don’t be a dictator and don’t be a friend
- Leadership takes time to develop
Connect with Gretchen
Blog: Always A Lesson
Facebook: Always A Lesson
Linkedin: Gretchen Schultek Bridgers
Google+: Gretchen Schultek Bridgers
Book: Elementary EDUC 101: What They Didn’t Teach You in College
Leave a Rating and Review:
This helps my show remain active in order to continue to help other educators remain empowered in a career that has a long lasting effect on our future.
Search for my show in iTunes or Stitcher.
Click on ‘Ratings and Reviews.’
Under ‘Customer Reviews,’ click on “Write a Review.”
Sign in with your iTunes or Stitcher log-in info
Leave a Rating: Tap the greyed out stars (5 being the best)
Leave a Review: Type in a Title and Description of your thoughts on my podcast