Nick Tokman, also known as “Sunshine” on Discovery Channel’s Deadliest Catch, empowers others to overcome all of the distractions and obstacles that get in the way of owning who they are so they achieve THEIR definition of success. An engaging and animated professional speaker, he directs his audiences to focus their attention on what’s important for them in their lives so they reach their highest potential.Nick has been seen on the show for the past four seasons entertaining more than one million viewers each week. He is recognized for his constant, upbeat attitude, his unwavering focus on achieving his goals, and his determination in the face of adversity.
Nick’s grandfather introduced him to Deadliest Catch for the first time at a point in his life where he felt unfulfilled. After seeing the show, Nick decided he HAD to go crab fishing! Although his family did not want him pursuing a career in one of the most dangerous professions, he realized this was HIS life; he had to live it for himself. Four years later after embarking on his journey, after persevering through a series of setbacks and failures, including hospitalization, running out of money and battling homelessness, Nick landed on the very show that inspired him to venture to Alaska.
As a cast member of the Emmy-Winning show, he battled some of the harshest working conditions known to man, including 30-35 foot rogue waves, freezing temperatures, extreme physical labor and 20-hour work days. Nick has proven himself physically, mentally, and emotionally capable of overcoming arduous obstacles.
Nick is a member of the National Speakers Association. He has made presentations from people in a classroom setting, to a hall filled with 17,000 people. His audiences nationwide range from students in elementary school, junior high, senior high, college and university to corporate professionals.
- When a person really desires something all the universe conspires to help that person realize their dream
- Things can happen if you stay persistent and focus on what you are
- You love to do something so much that you can’t stop doing it
- I always questioned my self-worth that I neglected what I wanted
- Everyone is from a dysfunctional family- we do the best we can with what we learn
- If you don’t fit in, it’s okay. Eventually you will find your tribe.
- What do you want to do with your life?
- You have to do what is best for yourself
- Are you the captain of your life or is it others around you?
- Tune out the outside voices and tune in to your own
- Do your thing regardless of the obstacles in front of you
Nick’s Stamp of Approval
- Book- The Alchemist
Connect with Nick
- Website: https://nicktokman.com
- Facebook: NickSunshineTokman
- Twitter and Instagram: Nick Tokman
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Hire Nick to come speak at your school: https://nicktokman.com/grades-4-12/
Connect with Gretchen
- Email: email@example.com
- Blog: Always A Lesson
- Facebook: Always A Lesson
- Twitter: @gschultek
- Instagram: Always.A.Lesson
- Linkedin: Gretchen Schultek Bridgers
- Google+: Gretchen Schultek Bridgers
- Book: Elementary EDUC 101: What They Didn’t Teach You in College
Shop AAL Swag
Join the Always A Lesson Newsletter
Join the New Teacher Support Facebook Group
- Grab a Spot on my Calendar here: https://square.site/book/FE6G600ZF0PPD/always-a-lesson
Leave a Rating and Review:
This helps my show remain active in order to continue to help other educators remain empowered in a career that has a long lasting effect on our future.
Search for my show in iTunes or Stitcher.
Click on ‘Ratings and Reviews.’
Under ‘Customer Reviews,’ click on “Write a Review.”
Sign in with your iTunes or Stitcher log-in info
Leave a Rating: Tap the greyed out stars (5 being the best)
Leave a Review: Type in a Title and Description of your thoughts on my podcast