Leanne Stone is a former third grade teacher in Charlotte, NC who taught through Teach for America. Like most new teachers, Leanne found herself overwhelmed by the responsibilities and costs of creating new classroom materials and began to explore online materials to help her prepare for class. Leanne now coaches hundreds of teachers and school administrators through Teachers Pay Teachers, an online hub for teacher-authored resources. She helps schools implement TpT for Schools, the schoolwide version of TpT that allows the school to pay for classroom resources rather than teachers and share those materials campus-wide.
With more than two thirds of all teachers in the U.S. using TpT, and more than 2,000 schools using the campus-wide offering, the website has evolved into a “virtual teachers’ lounge,” according to Forbes. Leanne offers first-person insights on how TpT is providing teachers with alternatives and solutions to the obstacles they face in the classroom.
- Teacher Must Haves = positivity, relationship building, open to new ideas and tactics
- Don’t try to do everything
- Lean in to the people around you who have been in your shoes
- A growth mindset is inspiring to me
- Get out of your building and get connected
Leanne’s Stamp of Approval
Connect with Leanne
- TpT for Schools Website- schools.teacherspayteachers.com
- Email- email@example.com
- TpT for Schools Email- firstname.lastname@example.org
Connect with Gretchen
- Email: email@example.com
- Blog: Always A Lesson
- Facebook: Always A Lesson
- Twitter: @gschultek
- Instagram: Always.A.Lesson
- Linkedin: Gretchen Schultek Bridgers
- Google+: Gretchen Schultek Bridgers
- Book: Elementary EDUC 101: What They Didn’t Teach You in College
Leave a Rating and Review:
This helps my show remain active in order to continue to help other educators remain empowered in a career that has a long lasting effect on our future.
- Search for my show in iTunes or Stitcher.
- Click on ‘Ratings and Reviews.’
- Under ‘Customer Reviews,’ click on “Write a Review.”
- Sign in with your iTunes or Stitcher log-in info
- Leave a Rating: Tap the greyed out stars (5 being the best)
- Leave a Review: Type in a Title and Description of your thoughts on my podcast
- Click ‘Send’