Having high expectations isn’t a bad thing, until they no longer are achievable and as a result, debilitate you. Tune in to hear my story of how I dealt with the reality of not being able to live the life I once had and adjusted my mindset and action steps to reach new heights in a more manageable way under those new circumstances.
- I am going to treat myself better and give myself space to be imperfect.
- I take my worst attribute and do what I can to avoid it coming to the surface and in doing so that behavior becomes my best attribute.
- High expectations are great but when they don’t match and take into consideration the circumstances of the moment, they are dead expectations.
- It’s not that I am LESS THAN, I just have a different set of circumstances that alter my expectations.
- I came into this moment of clarity on a pity party and left on a party bus.
- I am not incapable of doing what I have done before. I just have to do it differently.
- The best thing you can do is be real about what you’re facing.
- I am not a lesser version of me, I am the best version of me in this circumstance.
Join the Always A Lesson Newsletter
Join the New Teacher Support Facebook Group
Connect with Gretchen
- Email: email@example.com
- Blog: Always A Lesson
- Facebook: Always A Lesson
- Twitter: @gschultek
- Instagram: Always.A.Lesson
- Linkedin: Gretchen Schultek Bridgers
- Google+: Gretchen Schultek Bridgers
- Book: Elementary EDUC 101: What They Didn’t Teach You in College
Leave a Rating and Review:
This helps my show remain active in order to continue to help other educators remain empowered in a career that has a long lasting effect on our future.
Search for my show in iTunes or Stitcher.
Click on ‘Ratings and Reviews.’
Under ‘Customer Reviews,’ click on “Write a Review.”
Sign in with your iTunes or Stitcher log-in info
Leave a Rating: Tap the greyed out stars (5 being the best)
Leave a Review: Type in a Title and Description of your thoughts on my podcast