Using a countdown in the classroom can be extremely effective. However, teachers innocently misuse countdowns during instruction. Tune in to hear tips on WHEN and WHEN NOT to use a countdown in the classroom so that student learning is maximized.
- Countdowns create urgency and keep the focus on behavior management so that we can get down to learning
- The best teachers empower kiddos to take charge of the momentum of class
- Countdowns should be used sparingly or they lose their effectiveness
- Going to school for kids is their job
Join the Always A Lesson Newsletter
Connect with Gretchen
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Blog: Always A Lesson
- Facebook: Always A Lesson
- Twitter: @gschultek
- Instagram: Always.A.Lesson
- Linkedin: Gretchen Schultek Bridgers
- Google+: Gretchen Schultek Bridgers
- Book: Elementary EDUC 101: What They Didn’t Teach You in College
Leave a Rating and Review:
This helps my show remain active in order to continue to help other educators remain empowered in a career that has a long lasting effect on our future.
Search for my show in iTunes or Stitcher.
Click on ‘Ratings and Reviews.’
Under ‘Customer Reviews,’ click on “Write a Review.”
Sign in with your iTunes or Stitcher log-in info
Leave a Rating: Tap the greyed out stars (5 being the best)
Leave a Review: Type in a Title and Description of your thoughts on my podcast