The Lesson Plan Vortex can be crippling as a teacher. A lesson plan is a foundation for a strong lesson, but there’s more to teaching than that piece of paper. Learn the three keys to designing quality lessons while still adhering to strict lesson plan requirements.
- You cant be a great teacher without a plan. You can’t create engaging learning opportunities without preparation.
- The vortex = so stuck in the requirements that you lose your vision to impact student learning.
- The vortex makes you boring, unmotivated and basic. Don’t be a vanilla teacher, be a spicy teacher.
- Your students gain NOTHING if you don’t design and experience that allows them to take accountability of their learning, take ownership in the experience, and because of that feel empowered as a learner and person.
Connect with Gretchen
- Email: email@example.com
- Blog: Always A Lesson
- Facebook: Always A Lesson
- Twitter: @gschultek
- Linkedin: Gretchen Schultek Bridgers
- Google+: Gretchen Schultek Bridgers
- Book: Elementary EDUC 101: What They Didn’t Teach You in College
Leave a Rating and Review
This helps my show remain active in order to continue to help other educators remain empowered in a career that has a long lasting effect on our future.
- Search for my show in iTunes or Stitcher.
- Click on ‘Ratings and Reviews.’
- Under ‘Customer Reviews,’ click on “Write a Review.”
- Sign in with your iTunes or Stitcher log-in info
- Leave a Rating: Tap the greyed out stars (5 being the best)
- Leave a Review: Type in a Title and Description of your thoughts on my podcast
- Click ‘Send’