Professional Development (PD) is needed in a school system to increase teacher effectiveness by providing relevant, timely knowledge, strategies and techniques to improve classroom practice. However, PD is not created and delivered in an engaging, efficient way. Nor is it having the impact on student achievement as intended. Develop an avenue to provide professional development in a differentiated, personalized way for teachers so it has the impact on students that is needed. Listen in on how to create a delicious menu of PD that teachers will truly care about.
- Teachers don’t complain about PD because they don’t want to get better. They complain about PD because its not useful.
- Break up with the pain of past PD.
- You have the power to change the way Ts look at and feel about PD.
Join elite educators everywhere in snagging tips, tricks and freebies right to your inbox every month!
Become #empowered with the Always A Lesson newsletter: https://alwaysalesson.leadpages.co/newslettersignup/
Gretchen’s Stamp of Approval
- Hacking Education: 10 Quick Fixes for Every School by Mark Barnes and Jennifer Gonzales
- The Mirage: Confronting the Hard Truth About Our Quest for Teacher Development Article by The New Teacher Project
- Leading Efficient and Effective PD Sessions Webinar
- #educoach Twitter Chat (Wednesday 10:00-11:00 pm EST)
Connect with Gretchen
Blog: Always A Lesson
Facebook: Always A Lesson
Linkedin: Gretchen Schultek Bridgers
Google+: Gretchen Schultek Bridgers
Leave a Rating and Review
This helps my show remain active in order to continue to help other educators remain empowered in a career that has a long lasting effect on our future.
Click on ‘Ratings and Reviews.’
Under ‘Customer Reviews,’ click on “Write a Review.”
Sign in with your iTunes or Stitcher log-in info
Leave a Rating: Tap the greyed out stars (5 being the best)
Leave a Review: Type in a Title and Description of your thoughts on my podcast