Every career choice has a daily grind. Unfortunately, some daily grinds are a lot more difficult than others and the daily grind of a teacher falls into that category. Teacher leaders can partner with teachers to unveil the value in the daily grind so that these tasks not only get completed but the passion for teaching doesn’t get lost in the day-to-day job requirements. Tune in to hear how to help teachers stay in love with teaching.
- This is why we lose great teachers because although they are talented and passionate, the job of being a teacher comes with so many obstacles it is exhausting to overcome more days than not
- We cannot continue to lose our best and brightest because the job is too dang hard
- My favorite leaders pushed beyond acknowledgement and rolled up their sleeves to help
- As teacher leaders our job isn’t to always hold hands; our job is to hold hands for as long as needed and then release teachers with the skills and techniques needed to do it themselves.
Join the Always A Lesson Newsletter
Join the New Teacher Support Facebook Group
Connect with Gretchen
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Blog: Always A Lesson
- Facebook: Always A Lesson
- Twitter: @gschultek
- Instagram: Always.A.Lesson
- Linkedin: Gretchen Schultek Bridgers
- Google+: Gretchen Schultek Bridgers
- Book: Elementary EDUC 101: What They Didn’t Teach You in College
Leave a Rating and Review:
This helps my show remain active in order to continue to help other educators remain empowered in a career that has a long lasting effect on our future.
Search for my show in iTunes or Stitcher.
Click on ‘Ratings and Reviews.’
Under ‘Customer Reviews,’ click on “Write a Review.”
Sign in with your iTunes or Stitcher log-in info
Leave a Rating: Tap the greyed out stars (5 being the best)
Leave a Review: Type in a Title and Description of your thoughts on my podcast