There are moments throughout the day where kids reach out to an adult hoping to make a connection. Oftentimes, these attempts are not recognized by busy adults and in the end opportunities go unnoticed for a child to fulfill their potential. Tune in to hear a powerful story about Les Brown who defied all odds to become his best self all because of a special teacher in his life.
- We as educators are in such a powerful position to help or hinder a child’s future
- If you open yourself to the possibility that it can happen, do the work so that when the opportunity strikes you are ready, then you will become more than ever imagined
- It’s not going above and beyond your job title, it is your job title
- Nothing can impact a kid more than a connection with an adult
Gretchen’s Stamp of Approval
- Les Brown Video: https://www.facebook.com/JayShettyIW/videos/1351105801701127/
Need to Balance Your Life Better? Join the 40 Hour Work Week Club!
- Instructions to Join:
- When purchasing, enter your Gretchen Bridgers / firstname.lastname@example.org as the person who referred them.
- Early bird access = June 5th
- Access to all the June club materials (summer planning, home organization, bonus materials, sharing ideas in the Facebook group.)
- Official open dates = July 1-18
Join the Always A Lesson Newsletter
Join the New Teacher Support Facebook Group
Connect with Gretchen
- Email: email@example.com
- Blog: Always A Lesson
- Facebook: Always A Lesson
- Twitter: @gschultek
- Instagram: Always.A.Lesson
- Linkedin: Gretchen Schultek Bridgers
- Google+: Gretchen Schultek Bridgers
- Book: Elementary EDUC 101: What They Didn’t Teach You in College
Leave a Rating and Review:
This helps my show remain active in order to continue to help other educators remain empowered in a career that has a long lasting effect on our future.
Search for my show in iTunes or Stitcher.
Click on ‘Ratings and Reviews.’
Under ‘Customer Reviews,’ click on “Write a Review.”
Sign in with your iTunes or Stitcher log-in info
Leave a Rating: Tap the greyed out stars (5 being the best)
Leave a Review: Type in a Title and Description of your thoughts on my podcast